- Spring Drive cal 9R66
- 72 hour power reserve (with dial indicator)
- Jump-set hour hand (travel GMT)
- +- 1 second per day, +- 15 seconds per month. In wearing it, I get +- 5 seconds per month. Superb.
- 30 jewels
- GMT hand
- Date function
- Sapphire bezel
- Underside lume (like my IWC Aquatimer 2000 ref 3568)
- Bidirectional, 20 minutes per click
- Odd hours marked on the bezel, even hours in the rehaut - neat little detail
- 43.5mm by 14.7mm, 21mm lugs
- Stainless steel case, solid case back with engraved GS lion
- Screwdown crown at 4 o'clock
- Double-domed sapphire crystal with their best anti-reflective coatings, which GS calls "High definition"
- Water resistant to 200m (the only non-diver GS with this rating)
- Magnetism resistant to 4800A/m or 60 gauss
- Lumed dial (3/6/9/12, dot at 12 on the rehaut) and bezel, also super unusual for GS
In Feb of 2016, I bought the SBGE001 from GS-collector sriswit as I explained on my Glashutte Original Sport Evo GMT post-mortem. So why am I selling it? THIS:
That's the SBGE033. It has the same 9R66 movement as the SBGE001, but with a few differences that I like enough to make it worth the hassle of selling my 001:
- It's smaller. While no one makes large watches as comfortable as Seiko, I'm trending towards smaller, and going from 43.5 to 41mm while losing a couple mm in height should help.
- MOAR LUME. The 033 as lume at all of the hour markers, not just 3/6/9/12. And I do love lume.
- Display case back. I like them.
- A bit more style - green is a bold color, to be sure, but I think I'll like that.
- A bit dressier with the bezel fixed. I only used my SBGE001 bezel once, memorably, to track Bangalore time for a teleconference, so I can probably cope with the functional loss.
- Still 100m water resistant with a screw-down crown, so I don't have to baby it.
Anyway, that's why I'm selling: I can't afford to own two 9R66 Grand Seikos!
What's it worth?
I paid $3700 for it (the SBGE001), and this price research graph from the Govberg iOS app shows the current data (click for larger):
Why Less than the Goverb Price?
They show it as $3846 to $4256 for a private sale. sriswis was super candid with me that he had worn it quite a bit and that the bracelet was scratched up, so it was worth less than the Govberg data and my own price research. After having it 9 months, I've also worn it so the price needs to go down a bit more. In the interests of completeness, I contacted Seiko to ask what a case refinish would cost, they are not cheap:
So there's that. I would also encourage you to do your own price research: I search ebay's 'completed listings' as well as WatchRecon, TimeZone and WatchUSeek.
Price, terms and shipping
I am asking $3400 net to me. This includes all three boxes, all bracelet links and the GS hang tag. I have PayPal already, other methods negotiable. I ship using ParcelPro, as one of the few that will insure watches in transit, and for CONUS I'll ship 2-day; other locations will need to cover my costs.
Interested? Send me mail.
Pictures, taken to show as clearly as possible the state of the case and bracelet.
Click for super-large version!
2016-11-23 05.16.31.png (image/png)
Screenshot 2016-11-23 05.17.57.png (image/png)