A strap is the bracelet alternative way of keeping a watch in place. Usually leather, it can also be
- Rubber or other polymer
- Alligator ($$$)
- Carbon fiber
- Varieties of leather
- Cordovan (shell leather, see here)
- Calfskin (personal favorite)
- Textured to look like alligator, common on less expensive watches
Strap options include:
- Thorn buckle
- Single deployant
- Double deployant
- Quick-release springbars
- Sealed edges
More to come on this topic!
- Strapaholics is an entire blog about nothing but straps. Amazing.
- I've had good luck with Frank Bame's straps and recommend them.
- For polymer, my current favorite is the Maratac Elite